Tuesday 10 September 2013

MEDIAS RES.

Tuesday the 10th of September 2013, 2.47pm. I know the date will be recorded when I save this entry but it sounds better writing it as an opening. Makes it epic. One to remember. The opening line was originally: Tuesday the 10th of September 2013, 10.16 am. I deleted this whole page accidentally this morning. A lot has happened since then. I've had my lunch - Mozzarella balls with sundried tomatoes and a Peperami (hot n spicy) to flesh it out. With a can of diet Coke. I've also read some of David Peace's new book Red or Dead, a book I bought at the work book sale for 50p. I was going to buy it full price at the weekend as well. Sorry David. I'm enjoying the book very much, especially as it's an uncorrected proof version one of the writers upsatirs mut've been reviewing. It has their notes scribbled all over the pages in Biro. The previous post, which I began at 10.16 am consistened mainly in about three paragraphs on how I've managed to be unique in being the only person to work at the Scotsman and go down the pecking order. Most people leave or become managers. I've went from running recruitment ads and doing online editing and enjoying nice undeserved bonuses to taking calls for Births, marriages and deaths. Unfortunately it's mostly deaths. I've booked in five death notices and two In Memoriams since 10.16am.

No comments:

Post a Comment